X400 vs 22 IDEX Printer Comparison
VisionMiner released the 22 IDEX on 11/17/2021, apparently to compete with the 3D Labs X400 directly. In the past, 3D Labs was the only high-temperature 3D printer manufacturer using terminology such as "disruptive" and "high-quality wiring and SSR's" when describing their products. VisionMiner describes the 22 IDEX pricing as: "at a price that disrupts everything the industry has seen before."
Despite these claims, 3D Labs has been disrupting the market since before the inception of the 22 IDEX. We're proud to have attracted the attention of an extensive reseller, such as VisionMiner, with our highly successful product and business model.
Our systems architecture is built by American engineers, systems architects, and software developers. We use a wide array of neatly integrated solutions to form a complete, streamlined product and ecosystem.
The 22 IDEX also makes some interesting claims to justify the seemingly dancing bed: non-planar 3d printing. Non-planar 3D printing appears to be patented by Autodesk as early as 2015: Patent Number US10005126B2
The feature being patented means that the primary justification for the acrobatics of the bed will probably never come to fruition.
We think you'll agree that the Ukrainian made 22 IDEX cannot match the value and cost-effectiveness of the X400:
- With higher chamber and bed temperatures, the 3D Labs X400 is more capable across the materials spectrum than the 22 IDEX.
- Our American-made heated bed based on MIC6 cast tooling plate can achieve even hotter temperatures in the future with firmware updates.
- The X400 is compatible with all slicers and materials. In addition, the X400 boasts a commercially developed (not based on "open-source") slicer explicitly tailored to the printer. Our slicer has pre-configured professional material profiles for engineering-grade high-temperature materials.
- Superior technical expertise and support from 3D Labs, with over eight years experience as a 3D printing service bureau and additive manufacturing consultants (used by VisionMiner in the past) for aerospace and industry professionals, wrapped up in our product and support. With firsthand control and development over firmware, software, and UX, our support experience is unmatched.
- Our product is backed by real-world engineering expertise from many disciplines, more than just a "sales team" trying to do engineering with gimmicks.
All information is provided based on publicly published or available information from respective vendors' website or publications, and their accuracy is not guaranteed. 3D Laboratories LLC is in no way affiliated with any 3rd party brand, trademark, product or any other entity presented here for identification purposes.
3D Labs X400
VisionMiner 22 IDEX
|Maximum Build Volume||350mm x 300mm x 300mm||350mm x 350mm x 450mm|
|Max print speed||250mm/s||500mm/s (Claimed, not actually achievable by FDM)|
|Minimum Layer Height||40 microns||50 microns|
|Connectivity Options||USB, Ethernet (ITAR ready)||WiFi (Not ITAR ready)|
|Max Nozzle Temp||500C||500C|
|Max Bed Temp||220C||200C|
|Max Chamber Temp||95C||90C|
|Compatible Materials||CF-PEKK-C, CF-PEEK, CF-PEI, PEEK, PEKK-A, PEKK-C, PSU, PPSU, PP, PEI9085, Nylons (PA/all), PC, ABS, ASA, PETG, PCTG, PLA, HT-PLA, BASF Metal||PEEK, PEI, PEI Blends, PPSU, PA/CF, Nylon (PA66, PA6, PA12, etc), PC, PC Alloys, PA, ABS, ASA, Carbon Fiber|
|Availabe Nozzle Sizes||0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1.0, 1.2 mm||0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1.0, 1.2 mm|
|Certified Material Profiles|
|Manual Bed Leveling|
|Assisted Manual Bed Leveling|
|Auto Bed Leveling|
|Internal Filament Storage|
|Touch Screen Size||5"||No touch screen|
|Actively Heated Chamber|
|Filament Runout Detection|
|Assembled in USA|
|Data at Rest File Encryption|
|Role Based Access Controls|
|Private Network Print Farm Clustering|
|Military Grade SSL Encryption|
|NAFTA Sourced Electrical Components|
|Thermal Runaway Protection|
|Thermal Bed Fuse|
|HEPA Filtration System|
|Commercial Slicing Software|
|3rd Party Slicer Compatible|
|Touch Screen User Interface|
|Gcode Picture Preview|
|Gcode Area Avoidance|
|Onboard Multi-User Project Management|